“The only real valuable thing is intuition.”
– Albert Einstein
Intuition is the language of the soul. Because you are soul experiencing life in human form, you have intuition. Remember when you were a kid and seemed to just “know” things? But as you grew into an adult, you were taught the logical mind should rule how you think and act making your sixth sense fall to the wayside.
Your intuition is always here waiting for you to embrace to improve the quality of your life. All you need is to be open and believe you are intuitive.
For example, how many times have you heard that small, still voice telling you to take a different route to work? But you didn’t listen and ended up in dead stop traffic.
Or what about the time you met a someone who was dressed nice with good manners, but your gut told you something was off? Then, later you discovered your initial instincts were right.
Or have you ever had a “feeling” to do or not do something. Like something was guiding you in a certain direction.
To use your intuition, be open and aware of the signs, hunches and nudges your inner guidance shows you. By training and developing your intuition, it will grow and become stronger. Just like training a muscle. As it gets stronger and the more aware you become, you’ll learn to trust and believe your intuition will guide you in all areas of your life.
Here are five ways to develop intuition I have tried and hopefully, they will help you.
- Meditation: For developing intuition, meditation is vital. To hear that small, still voice, your mind needs to be quiet. Meditation trains the mind to let go of thoughts creating the space and clarity for messages to come through. Focus on your breathing for 5-10 minutes a day. Or do an activity that encourages mindfulness such as yoga or gardening.
- Clear the Clutter: A clutter filled physical space in your home, office or car disrupts the energy flow which blocks intuition. For intuition to come in, the energy must flow freely and effortlessly. To clear your space, start slowly working in small area first. Go through your stuff and get rid of whatever you don’t use or what doesn’t serve you. Remove any objects that bring up bad memories or make you feel negative. The more open and clear your physical space becomes, the more room intuition has to flow in and enter.
- Spend Time in Nature: Feeling the energy and looking at the beauty of nature fuels your intuition with a sense of openness and peace. Seeing the lush trees, hearing the birds sing and feeling green grass beneath your feet increases awareness of the natural beauty existing all around you.
- Believe You’re Intuitive: To open your intuition, you must believe you are intuitive. Lack of trust and self-doubt are intuition killers. To gain trust, start keeping a validation journal and record all your hunches. Over time, you will begin to see how often you were right and understand when you were wrong. Reflect on your past hits that were spot on. This will help gain confidence and to see how your intuition works.
- Pay Attention to Your Dreams: Intuition comes through into your dreams. When your ego, conscious mind is at rest while sleeping, you’re more open for receiving guidance. The inner critic who doesn’t believe you are intuitive won’t interfere. Dreams are like little movies showing you what’s going on in your subconscious, thoughts and emotions. If you pay attention, your dreams give you an idea of what needs to be healed or dealt with in your life. Keep a dream journal by your bedside and write them in detail as soon as you wake up in the morning. Otherwise, you might forget them. Over time, you’ll see patterns, symbols and signs giving you messages you’ll understand later down the line.
Intuition is a gift everyone has given by God. It’s how you communicate with Him and your highest self to do what is best for you and those around you. You don’t need to be a spiritual guru or chant om all day long to use it. All you need is a sincere desire, belief and awareness your intuition is available to you at any given moment. Embrace it and start using it today to create the best life you deserve.
Featured photo by Yeski Kangrang